There are a number of opportunities for the children across the school to develop leadership skills. These are life-long skills and have been shown to improve self-image, self-awareness and understanding and empathy for others. Some of the opportunities at Salwa are through:
- School council – elected members from Y1 to Y6 who allow the pupils to have a voice and put their views forward
- Charity committee – elected members from all year groups who raise awareness and money for others less fortunate than themselves
- Eco-committee – elected members from all year groups who drive forward and highlight issues in the school, community and wider world which affect our environment
- Junior librarians – volunteers put themselves forward and are chosen by the staff
- House captains and vice captains – elected from Y5 and Y6 only by house members to support and drive children in their house during events, always encouraging teamwork
- Salwa School offers a range of extra-curricular activities for KS2 children such as: sports, golf, cookery, gardening, arts & crafts club and chess club.
We also have a Head Boy and Head Girl who are ambassadors for our school. These children are from Y6 and are proposed and selected by staff.